- Chester County
- Cumberland & Perry Counties
- Dauphin County
- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
- York County
Provide one-to-one therapeutic support and behavioral interventions to child/adolescent/young adult in the home, school and/or community settings in order to help the consumer achieve goals identified on their treatment plan.
- Foster a therapeutic relationship with the consumer and support their therapeutic needs and therapeutic goals on the treatment plan.
- Based upon the treatment plan, use therapeutic techniques and interventions best matched to the individual to help them achieve goals in the treatment plan.
- Provide input and feedback that contributes to the development of the treatment plan.
- Provide crisis management and support to consumers, including prevention, de-escalation and processing of strategies to support improved consumer functioning.
- Coach the teacher, parent, and consumer on how to effectively implement strategies and interventions that promote attainment of treatment goals and help the consumer achieve success.
- Actively engage the consumer and their caregivers and/or teachers (as well as other adult supports) to work toward the achievement of treatment goals, applying a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Provide feedback to other team members regarding outcome measurement related to interventions and responses.
- Adhere to CASSP principles of being child-centered, family-focused, community based, multi-system, culturally competent and least restrictive/least intrusive and incorporate these principles through treatment.
- Actively collaborate with all treatment team members on a frequent and regular basis.
- Attend supervision as directed and following state specific regulations. If the BHT is working 37.5+ hours, they are responsible for 1 hour of supervision per week, of which 1 hour must be face to face each month; below 37.5 hours, they are responsible for 1hour supervision two times per month, of which 1 hour must be face to face.
- Adhere to regulations regarding further professional development. Complete all of the mandatory trainings required to maintain compliance with the agency expectations and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Ponessa Behavioral Health policies and procedures including confidentiality and reporting suspected abuse.
- Collects data to provide behavioral support team with progress/regression towards identified goals outlined in the individual treatment plan.
Contributing to the Team:
- Participates in regular meetings with staff to ensure priorities are clear, coordination is good and communications are open. Develops additional methods for ongoing effective communication.
- Cooperates and communicates as a multi-discipline staff team member through formal meetings and informal consultations.
- Models traits of a responsible team member, executing job responsibilities, open communication, good follow through; supports team members to do the same.
- Responds promptly to the concerns and interests of the consumers, parents, guardians, funding entities and other Ponessa Behavioral Health staff.
Trauma Informed Behavior:
- Demonstrates commitment to being trauma informed and maintaining a therapeutic environment and community that promotes safety and nonviolence as the basis for all we do with clients and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of trauma informed practices, including emotional intelligence, effective communication, understanding of impact of trauma on development, strengths based and person-centered practice, resilience focus and commitment to growth and change.
- Ensures compliance with all Ponessa Behavioral Health’s policies and procedures, including confidentiality and acting as a mandated reporter in accordance with the law, policies, and procedures.
- Implements all documentation requirements; reports are complete, thorough, timely, and follow prescribed format.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of theory and implementation of behavior modification interventions.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including other team members and Administration.
- Ability to quickly form trusting relationships with child/adolescent/young adult population based on understanding of developmental process and emotional needs.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with diverse consumers, school staff, family members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with a team-oriented environment.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates initiative, problem solving, and follow-through.
- Independently assessing and recording data in order to report behavioral outcomes and intervention results to BC and/or MT.
- Knowledge, application, and adherence to CASSP principles.
- Ability to effectively and independently communicate treatment objectives and interventions to youth, family, school staff and other treatment team members.
- 2 years experience in the provision of behavioral health is preferred (or required, depending on degree – see below).
- Have a certification as a BCaBA OR
- Have a certification as an RBT (*Info on where and how to complete please see below) OR
- Have a certification as a BCAT OR
- Have a behavior health certification or behavior analysis certification from an accredited agency OR
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the provision of behavioral health OR
- Have a high school diploma and have completed a 40 hour training covering the RBT Task List as evidenced by a certification
CLEARANCES: (Employee’s must have the following clearances before servicing clients.)
- PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, prior to working with clients, and every year thereafter)
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, prior to working with clients and every year thereafter)
- FBI Clearance
BENEFITS: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
*The Registered Behavior TechnicianTM (RBT®) is a nationally recognized paraprofessional certification in behavior analysis. RBTs assist in areas such as delivering direct behavior-analytic services, aiding in implementing behavior plans which are developed by the BCBA or BCaBA, and collecting data. Completing this 40 hour course covering the 2nd edition task list is only one component required in order to apply for certification. This course is available online for free at https://autismpartnershipfoundation.org/courses/rbt.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com