- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Professional – School-Based Outpatient Therapist (Licensed & Non-Licensed Positions)
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time and full-time positions available
COUNTY: Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, or York
OVERTIME ELIGIBLE: No
DIVISION: School Based Mental Health Outpatient Services
REPORTS TO: School Based Outpatient Director
SUMMARY: The School-based Therapist will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery of mental health care to assigned clients at the designated school location and will provide consultation services to the school staff to support the overall mental health goals of the school. This is a great position for therapists who like to work with children and adolescents. We have both part-time & full-time positions available.
The full-time School Based Mental Health Outpatient therapist position is a flexible position with a large amount of built in time off. This is a 12 month position, however clinicians are working primarily around those days where school is in session. During summer weeks we continue to work alongside our school partners to provide treatment, however during these weeks a full-time clinician typically works only 1-2 days, as the need is decreased.
The part time School Based Mental Health Outpatient therapist position is a flexible position requiring a minimum of 3 days per week working around those days where school is in session. During summer weeks we continue to work alongside our school partners to provide treatment, however during these weeks a part time clinician typically works only 1 day, as the need is decreased.
- Providing traditional outpatient mental health therapy in the school setting
- Working with consumers who have a variety of emotional and behavioral needs
- Conducting Intakes/assessments for new consumers and providing ongoing individual and family therapy sessions at assigned school(s)
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive Treatment Plans implemented to ensure consumer care
- Working collaboratively alongside school personnel while maintaining confidentiality
- Maintaining both clinical and administrative components of consumers electronic health records
- Participating in group supervision, clinical training, and any other required meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with children and adolescents
- Working knowledge of DSM-V, and have the ability to formulate a diagnosis from information provided by the client
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Ability to meet paperwork deadlines consistently
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling Education, Marriage & Family Therapy or a Human Services field. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania is preferred but not required for all open positions (LPC, LMFT, LSW, LCSW, etc.)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Travel is required to the school. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work effectively with clients, staff, and outside agencies.
SALARY INFORMATION: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year for non-licensed and licensed full-time employment
Part-time hourly pay (Individual rates are based on length of therapy session, below is a range):
Non licensed – $17.00 – $39.00
Licensed – $18.00 – $45.00
Compensation is also provided for requirements outside of the therapy session (Includes but is not limited to travel, supervision, training).
BENEFITS: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive Employee Benefit Package to eligible employees after 30 days of full-time employment. Benefits include but are not limited to medical & prescription drug coverage, dental and vision coverage, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including mental health support, paid time off, and paid holidays. Additional benefits include clinical supervision for licensure, PTO cash out, employee anniversary recognition, paid time off increases, leave of absences, and unpaid time off. Optional benefits include life insurance, professional liability insurance, disability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, ABLEPAY, critical illness and cancer insurance. Part-time employees are eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 30 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. Ponessa Behavioral Health supports retirement planning through 401K & Roth IRA Retirement Savings Options with matching. Paid training, continuing education credits, and company equipment (i.e. tablets) are provided to eligible employees. Ponessa Behavioral Health provides postsecondary educational support through the Tuition Discount Program and is a Pennsylvania Loan Repayment Program (LRP) Practitioner approved site.
Loan Repayment Program(LRP) Approved Practice Site: Ponessa Behavioral Health is a primary outpatient behavioral health care loan repayment program (LRP) approved practice site, offering educational loan repayment to practitioners who provide care within a designated region. The LRP offers grant funding to be used to repay qualifying educational debt in exchange for a two-year full-time or half-time service commitment at an LRP-approved practice site. Primary care providers including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists are eligible to apply for the educational loan repayment in response to a competitive Request for Applications (RFA) from the PA Department of Health. Physicians are eligible to receive up to $100,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $50,000 for a half-time service commitment. All other disciplines are eligible to receive up to $60,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $30,000 for a half-time service commitment. LRP awards are highly competitive and distributed by the state of Pennsylvania.
Join our team as we continue to Help people back into the Swing of Life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
To start the application process, please email your resume, cover letter and any additional required documents that you have at this time to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org