- Dauphin County
- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
- York County
Position Name: Part-time Mental Health Outpatient Therapist that could easily transition into a full-time salaried position if desired.
An Outpatient Therapist with Ponessa Behavioral Health, will have the opportunity to work with children, adolescents, and adults. This is a part-time position to start, with the option to move into a full-time position, if desired.
An Outpatient Therapist within Ponessa Behavioral Health, will be a qualified mental health professional and will have the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Conduct therapeutic, goal oriented treatment sessions with clients on a consistent treatment schedule.
2. Complete medical record documentation on each client at each visit. Complete and document services authorizations, treatment plan updates, releases of information, case management responsibilities and other required documentation as dictated by State Licensing Regulations.
3. Attendance at all mandatory and scheduled training’s, supervisions, and staff meetings. Report to supervisor on a regular basis to insure consistency and quality of care.
4. Maintain professional boundaries and behavior, as specified by the Ponessa Behavioral Health Code of Ethics/Conduct, during interactions with all staff and clients.
5. Maintain strict confidentiality and clients rights in accordance with Ponessa Behavioral Health Policy Procedure Manual, the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) Regulations, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Non-Discrimination Policy.
6. Comply with all expectations and obligations regarding Mandated Reporting of Sexual and Physical Abuse, Harm to self, or Harm to others.
7. Adhere to the Child Adolescent System Services Program (CASSP) Model of service delivery which specifies the following core principles: Child centered, family Focused, Community based, Multi-System, Culturally competent, and Least restrictive/intrusive.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Outpatient Services Director.
EDUCATION: 1. A Master’s degree from an accredited University or College in the field of Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Human Services Field. 2. Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania to provide mental health services is preferred but not required (LPC, LSW, LMFT, LCSW, etc.).
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with children, adolescents and adults is preferred. Or be willing/interested to work with all of the aforementioned populations.
CLEARANCES: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
BENEFITS: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive Employee Benefit Package to eligible employees after 30 days of full-time employment. Benefits include but are not limited to medical & prescription drug coverage, dental and vision coverage, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including mental health support, paid time off, and paid holidays. Additional benefits include clinical supervision for licensure, PTO cash out, employee anniversary recognition, paid time off increases, leave of absences, and unpaid time off. Optional benefits include life insurance, professional liability insurance, disability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, ABLEPAY, critical illness and cancer insurance. Part-time employees are eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 30 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. Ponessa Behavioral Health supports retirement planning through 401K & Roth IRA Retirement Savings Options with matching. Paid training, continuing education credits, and company equipment (i.e. tablets) are provided to eligible employees. Ponessa Behavioral Health provides postsecondary educational support through the Tuition Discount Program and is a Pennsylvania Loan Repayment Program (LRP) Practitioner approved site.
Loan Repayment Program(LRP) Approved Practice Site: Ponessa Behavioral Health is a primary outpatient behavioral health care loan repayment program (LRP) approved practice site, offering educational loan repayment to practitioners who provide care within a designated region. The LRP offers grant funding to be used to repay qualifying educational debt in exchange for a two-year full-time or half-time service commitment at an LRP-approved practice site. Primary care providers including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists are eligible to apply for the educational loan repayment in response to a competitive Request for Applications (RFA) from the PA Department of Health. Physicians are eligible to receive up to $100,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $50,000 for a half-time service commitment. All other disciplines are eligible to receive up to $60,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $30,000 for a half-time service commitment.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
To start the application process, please email your resume, cover letter and any additional required documents that you have at this time to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org