- Lancaster County
We are seeking an Human Resource Specialist to join our team! You will perform activities in human resources from recruiting new hires to retaining existing hires. The purpose of this position is to ensure that all leave programs and benefits are administered in accordance with company policy and practice, state and federal guidelines, and with a focus on customer service.
- Daily administration of all employee leave, including short term disability, medical leave, military leave, personal leave, worker’s compensation leave, etc.
- Coordinate with employee, provider and insurance carrier to process all STD claims.
- Ensure Family Medical Leave Act compliance and record keeping.
- Serve as point of contact for those on leave and communicate status and changes to HR Staff and the immediate Supervisor/Director.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly open enrollment materials.
- Verify enrollments and deductions, preparing periodic audits.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
- Previous experience in Human Resources, or other related fields
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the FMLA, USERRA, ADA, ADAA, GINA, ERISA, COBRA, Workers Compensation, and PPACA.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of platforms to foster greater understanding of the company’s benefits programs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personnel and benefit information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus with the ability to work with staff from all levels of the corporation.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and ability to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Flexible team player able to work independently or within the group.
- Able to quickly learn web-based benefit administration programs, proficient with Microsoft suite, Internet, Email, etc.
Experience/Education: Bachelor’s degree w/ one year related human resources experience; or Associate’s degree w/ two years of related human resources experience; or High School diploma w/ five years of related human resources experience.
Clearances: (Employee’s must have the following clearances before servicing clients.)
- PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, prior to working with clients, and every year thereafter)
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, prior to working with clients and every year thereafter)
- FBI Clearance
Benefits: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive Employee Benefit Package to eligible employees after 30 days of full-time employment. Benefits include but are not limited to medical & prescription drug coverage, dental and vision coverage, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including mental health support, paid time off, and paid holidays. Additional benefits include clinical supervision for licensure, PTO cash out, employee anniversary recognition, paid time off increases, leave of absences, and unpaid time off. Optional benefits include life insurance, professional liability insurance, disability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, ABLEPAY, critical illness and cancer insurance. Part-time employees are eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 30 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. Ponessa Behavioral Health supports retirement planning through 401K & Roth IRA Retirement Savings Options with matching. Paid training, continuing education credits, and company equipment (i.e. tablets) are provided to eligible employees. Ponessa Behavioral Health provides postsecondary educational support through the Tuition Discount Program and is a Pennsylvania Loan Repayment Program (LRP) Practitioner approved site.
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
To start the application process, please email your resume, cover letter and any additional required documents that you have at this time to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org