- Lancaster County
- Lebanon County
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Adult & Child Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic
Location(s): Pennsylvania – Lancaster and/or Lebanon
Status: Full Time Position (40hrs/week) & Part-Time Positions, No on-call responsibilities, No weekend responsibilities.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
General Summary: The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works within the Medical Department performing psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner serves an integral role within the team providing treatment and care to patients on the behavioral health continuum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct psychiatric care for a diverse clinical population, including psychiatric evaluations and medication management in an outpatient setting.
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary treatment team and community liaisons.
- Collaborates with medical providers to develop working relationships that promote shared approaches to the evaluation, treatment planning and monitoring of mental health conditions.
- Provides supervision and clinical oversight to nursing staff and Master’s level clinicians.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience: A Master’s Degree in Nursing (CRNP or similar degree) from an accredited school. Hold an unrestricted license as a clinical nurse practitioner, with specialization in psychiatry, to practice in Pennsylvania.
CLEARANCES: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
BENEFITS: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities. Ponessa Behavioral Health is an approved Primary Care Loan Repayment site designated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Loan Repayment Program(LRP) Approved Practice Site: Ponessa Behavioral Health is a primary outpatient behavioral health care loan repayment program (LRP) approved practice site, offering educational loan repayment to practitioners who provide care within a designated region. The LRP offers grant funding to be used to repay qualifying educational debt in exchange for a two-year full-time or half-time service commitment at an LRP-approved practice site. Primary care providers including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists are eligible to apply for the educational loan repayment in response to a competitive Request for Applications (RFA) from the PA Department of Health. Physicians are eligible to receive up to $100,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $50,000 for a half-time service commitment. All other disciplines are eligible to receive up to $60,000 of loan repayment for a full-time service commitment or up to $30,000 for a half-time service commitment.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: email@example.com