- Dauphin County
Certified Recovery Specialist
Join the team at Ponessa Behavioral Health as a full-time Certified Recovery Specialist for the Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Program. Ponessa Behavioral Health is a DDAP and DHS licensed outpatient facility recruiting for a Care Management Team. Target population is opioid use disordered individuals and their families. Gaining swift access to treatment and support services is the primary goal.
- Effective case management
- Coordination of care within community resources/other providers
- Incorporation of medication assisted treatment
- Coordination of care with primary care physicians and mental health/psychiatric services.
The Certified Recovery Specialist has a working knowledge of the professional treatment systems as well as non-clinical community-based resources that support recovery. The Certified Recovery Specialist may be a person in recovery. This person functions as a community-based integrated team member, providing expertise to the program participant about the recovery process, barriers, relapse and symptom management, and the perseverance and determination required by the participant/family to fully realize a life in recovery.
The Certified Recovery Specialist will be responsible for maintaining project logs, reports and records in appropriate files and databases.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, and High School Diploma or equivalent, is required. Must be a Certified Recovery Specialist or participate in company sponsored CRS training post hire. If applicant is in recovery from a substance use disorder, a minimum of 2 years uninterrupted recovery is required. Recovering individuals must be actively involved with a recovery program (12-step, Faith based, SMART Recovery, etc.)
Clearances: (Prospective employee must have the following clearances before servicing clients.) 1. PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 2. Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, before working with clients, and every year thereafter) 3. FBI Clearance
Benefits: Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a competitive Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays. Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment, working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee’s can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges and Universities.
Join our team as we continue helping people back into the swing of life!
How to Apply for Employment
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Employment application
- Résumé with cover letter
- Evidence of Degree (Official Transcript and Copy of Diploma)
- PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34) - Follow the instructions to "Submit a New Record Check" online using a credit card
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - If you have a legible copy of the child abuse history clearance dated January 1 or later of this year, bring it with you or go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis to request your clearance online. A paper copy will be mailed to you automatically but you can also receive an emailed copy. This option is much faster than mailing in your request. The cost of this clearance is $13.00
- FBI Criminal History - Follow the instructions, and enter service code 1KG738
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
Please email your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com or mail/fax to:
Ponessa Behavioral Health
410 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org